Following automation, hyperautomation is a new trend that is being widely accepted across different industry verticals. As this extraordinary technology facilitates a ‘people-centric’ approach, it brings into being a new era of exceptionally efficient automated business operations. But, what exactly is hyperautomation?
At the most basic level, hyperautomation is the application of modern technologies to automate operations. You can streamline processes to run with minimal to no human intervention.
In this article, we will talk about the different hyperautomation technologies, its benefits, and challenges. Let’s begin.
Hyperautomation solutions leverage the strengths of several modern technologies to automate operations for utmost efficiency. These technologies usually include:
- Robotic Process Automation
Robotic process automation uses software bots for tasks that are:
- Repetitive and occur often
- Based on defined inputs & outputs
Although it is limited to structured data for performing and finishing tasks, it automates several lengthy operations. Thus, it forms an integral component of hyperautomation technologies.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Today, you can find artificial intelligence-based solutions in almost every aspect of your life. Ranging from intelligent marketing technologies that help you shop online to virtual assistants like Alexa, AI has become an integral part of our lives. Machine learning, which is a branch of artificial intelligence, uses computer algorithms for pattern identification.
Both artificial intelligence and machine learning are essential automation tools. Although they require careful and strategic planning for implementation, they can be integrated with other technology solutions for outstanding results.
Some AI and ML-based technologies that facilitate hyperautomation are:
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Optical Character Recognition (combined with Robotic Process Automation)
- Advanced Analytical Tools
Advanced analytics is a vital component of hyperautomation. Hyperautomation solutions can manage both unstructured and structured data for analysis so that valuable insights can be generated. On the basis of RPA and AI/ML, hyperautomation tools can also convert unstructured data into a structured form for deep analysis and act as advanced analytical tools.
- Business Process Management
You usually find business process management at the foundation of a successful automation strategy. It facilitates the construction, supervision, and improvement of successful automation strategies by simplifying the introduction of various digital tools into business operations.
It is a powerful yet simple tool through which organizations can manage their hyperautomation initiatives. As a result, it is instrumental and beneficial for organizations that are new to automation.
HYPERAUTOMATION: BENEFITS AND CHALLENGES
Just like every other technology, hyperautomation has its own set of benefits and challenges. While it transforms multiple businesses by eliminating repetitive tasks, automating processes, and streamlining operations, it also requires technical expertise for effective implementation.
Its countless benefits like speed, accuracy, and consistency attract businesses towards it, but challenges like the paradox of choice hinder its adoption and implementation.
Let’s take a look at the different benefits and challenges of hyperautomation.
- It automates time-consuming processes.
- It speeds up repetitive and redundant tasks.
- It can help to increase your business’ extent of automation by amplifying it.
- It increases productivity.
- It fosters collaboration.
- It facilitates business agility.
- It connects employees across all departments and at different levels.
- It allows businesses to keep at pace with the constantly growing market.
- It enables organizations to scale according to both employee and customer demands.
- It improves work quality with the assistance of advanced technologies.
- It increases employee and/or workforce engagement.
- It enhances employee satisfaction.
- It facilitates the digital transformation of the organization.
- It improves data accessibility.
- It increases returns on investment (ROI).
By integrating modern technologies into existing operations, hyperautomation leads to more efficiency. It facilitates a seamless interaction between the infrastructure and its users. In today’s hybrid business environment, all its benefits turn out to be more advantageous than what was realized initially.
Your organizational systems can connect effortlessly, the accessibility to core elements can be increased, and all operations can be optimized with technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation. Additionally, its massive potential to increase the ROI with the help of optimization and utmost efficiency makes it an exceptional choice.
However, just like every other technology solution, this one too has a set of challenges that must be catered to thoughtfully.
- There is always a risk of data privacy violations with artificial intelligence vendors, which require investments in solutions like data masking and well-designed security infrastructures to avoid violations.
- Unavailability of synthetic data sets for the training of data generation can slow down operations.
- Systems based on artificial intelligence can contain biases based on assumptions embedded into training data or algorithms.
- Undocumented processes or ill-documented operations lead to a lack of process understanding, causing difficulties in effective analysis.
- The mindset of “avoiding all potential errors” slows down the adoption of hyperautomation.
- There is a need for user-friendly solutions that allow humans to step in so that the automation can be successful.
Hyperautomation integrates modern technologies like AI, ML, and RPM for enhanced outcomes and extraordinary operations. With its several benefits pertaining to speed, accessibility, time-savings, efficiency, optimization, etc., it can automate a wide range of operations. As a result, its popularity continues to grow among organizations across all industry verticals.
On the other hand, however, there is also a set of challenges it brings along with it. These challenges, although resolvable, must be dealt with properly to ensure the successful adoption of hyperautomation.
Hyperautomation makes businesses more efficient by providing a collaborative ecosystem of automated operations so that valuable tools can be integrated seamlessly and leaders can achieve their goals successfully.